FAQ for Seasonal Campers
My electric isn't working, what do I do?
- Check to see if the trailer is plugged in.
- Check to see if the circuit breaker in the outside box is
- Check to see if the trailer breakers are turned on.
My propane/hot water heater isn't working, what do I do?
- Check if your stove will light. If yes, go to step 4. If no,
try step 2 and 3.
- Check to see if the propane tank outside is turned on. It is
a grey handle on the side of the valve.
- Check if the selector switch on the regulator is pointing to
the correct tank. If there is a selector switch, it is either a
black flap or a grey dial on the front of the regulator. The
regulator is the grey metal part between the propane tank and
- Make sure you have followed the lighting instructions on the
hot water heater. If this is the first time of the year, be
patient. The gas takes a long time to go from the propane tank
to the hot water heater. Keeping the stove lit for a few minutes
- If the stove doesn't light and the hot water heater won't
light, you either have a wrong setting in step 2 or have no
My water stinks, what do I do?
- The problem is in your system: either your hose, trailer
pipes, or hot water heater. Your hose should be white with a
blue stripe for potable water. Disconnect your hose at our
- Drain some water out and pour a cup of bleach into the hose.
- Reconnect the hose and turn on our spigot.
- Go into your trailer and turn on your faucet until you smell
bleach on both the hot and cold side. Then, turn everything off.
- Allow the bleach to soak in the system for as long as
- Flush the entire system until the bleach smell is gone.
I need to remove a black water toilet tank mountain, what do I do?
Using this method will never take longer than a few hours but will be
hard work. You are in and out of the trailer, filling and draining the tank, and
opening and closing the valve.
- How much time do you have? You can help the problem by
filling the tank and letting it sit for several hours or
- Use a long toilet spray wand to get drainage. Jab the want
down into the mound as far as possible.
- Use low pressure to prevent filling the tank and turn the
wand on. Be very careful not to overfill the black tank.
Continue until you have drainage.
- Put the spray want into the top of the mound and then press
down at an angle. Turn the water on.
- The water will come back up the hole created by the wand. If
you go straight down, the ugly water may spray back in your
- You can plug the hole in the bottom of the toilet with a rag
to prevent spray-back.
- Use the wand to try to destroy the mound from the inside
out. The object is to saturate the mound with water to soften
it. Keep the wand moving.
- Continue turning the wand on and off while opening and
closing the value.
Acorn homepage | Nightly/weekly
rates and rules | Seasonal rates and rules | Amenities | Nearby Attractions
map | Directions | Contact
us | Camping
Trailers for sale | Forms list
| Photo Gallery